Photographers of early hang gliding
Photos of the photographers appear on these pages as follows:
- Bettina Gray: See under Developments Stateside in Hang gliding 1976 part 2.
- Bill Allen:
- Photographed in his office and in a small group photo taken at the Northrop Institute of Technology Ultralight Flight Seminar: See Hang gliding 1974 part 1
- Appears indistinctly in a photo taken at a meeting concerning powered hang gliding: See Hang gliding 1977.
- Appears even more indistinctly in a group photo: See Annie Green Springs 1973 briefing photo key. He is number 26, crouching in the front at right and carrying cameras.
- George Uveges also appears indistinctly in the same group photo: See Annie Green Springs 1973 briefing photo key. He is number 12; crouching in the front and taking a photo.
- Leroy Grannis: Hang gliding 1975 part 1
- Stephen McCarroll: See under Trial and error in Hang gliding 1973 part 1.
Old time pilots on a hang gliding forum in 2018 or -19 confirmed that photographers W.A. Allen (author of the What’s Up column in Ground Skimmer) and Bill Allen (author of the Flying Bull column in Hang Gliding) are the same individual.