Electra Flyer of Albuquerque, New Mexico
This related topics menu links to material in the main hang gliding pages. The links here are in chronological order.
…that he has retained into his thirties the brashness of youth, tends to send conflicting signals. Yet his achievement gives substance to his hype. You’re left believing that almost anything is possible if Larry’s involved.
— Tracy H. Knauss after his extensive interview of Larry Newman of Electra Flyer in Glider Rider, February 1980
- Trial and error in Hang gliding 1973
- Cirrus in Hang gliding 1975 part 2
- Developments Stateside in Hang gliding 1976 part 2
- High aspect in Hang gliding 1977
- Torrey Pines in Hang gliding 1978 and 1979 part 1
- Grace Kelly in Fame by (virtual) association for a photo of Electra Flyer’s Larry Newman with Princess Grace of Monaco in 1978
In the late 1970s Larry Newman branched out into powered ultralights with the Eagle. His company Electra Flyer (later American Aerolights) ceased production of hang gliders in early 1981 to concentrate on the Eagle.
Early powered ultralights in Powered flight for the Electra Flyer (American Aerolights) Eagle